Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hello, Friend.

My name is Emily. I am a Junior art education major at TCU who grew up in Fort Worth, Texas. I now live in Aled, Texas with my parents partly for convenience and mostly because of money. I have two older brothers who both went to A&M University just like my father. They suck. I only kid. I had an orange tabby cat named Cowboy who got old and went off to die a couple days ago and never returned, sadly. In addition my parents have a little rat-terrier which I love to pieces. I love animals if you cannot tell. I believe in a God, but am not sure at this point whether I am Christian or not... I do love God, I just don't always love the politics of church.
I'm at TCU mostly because my mom works there and I get free tuition and partly because it is close to home. If I was made Chancellor at TCU I would allow girls, especially, to not look like perfect princesses all the time as they do now. I would probably place all my classes in real, easy walking distance to myself because I can be lazy. I would allow for better parking! Also I would place more paintings throughout the campus because I believe art is for everyone. Next a good teacher is smart, successful, not necessarily well-liked, but is still cool, thoughtul and creative. Good students learn a lot by listening to the professor and studying the texts. In addition I would have dinner with Patty Griffin because her lyrics are so true, Mrs. Coleman, my old art teacher at Weatherford College because we never really had a conversation with eachother outside of art, and Jennifer Aniston because she just seems cool all around.
Three things you should know about me are that I can be shy, or I can say too much (randomly enough), and I am a loyal companion. Things I would like to know about you are whether you would like me, if you would want to be friends and if you are a good friend. I chose to take this course because I enjoy English class most of the time and because it is required. I really do not do much reading outside of the class room, but in the class room I recently worked on Americam Authors at Weatherford College and did not get credit for it. I do writing assignments from class, status updates on Facebook, texting, and emails. I could take or leave the way I write because my ideas tend to go in circles, but my grammar and punctuation is pretty good.
I think my blog is sending a happy-go-lucky message. I made a couple jokes in the beginning in order to lighten the mood. In addition I think it is a message sent out in hope for new friends. I would be surprised if anyone read this though since it is so long. I only kid, Amanda. I have yet to put color into my blog, but I did choose a dark template with neat little colorful circles all around it. This is because I like circular shapes and I love to see contrasting colors together so that they just pop ou at you and please your eyes. I can be an art nerd at times. I like the dark template because it seems to send the message that, "I am serious about this class, and I invite you to read". A white blog seems to be less formal in my opinion and it seems to say, "I don't care that much". As far as pictures that I post on the blog go, I will pick the skinniest picture of myself and you probably will not recognize me from it, but it will look better than me presently so you might be more inclined to read about me. Pure honesty: I kid, I kid. Putting such a picture in my blog is an attempt to deceive people into reading about me, sadly. This is because people usually are stimulated by visuals rather than by words they have to read. I think the messages I have sent in this blog convey to the reader the quality of my participation in this class by saying that I will try my best in class (because I tried to answer each inquiry to the best of my ability), my answers to questions that are posed will be from my honest opinion, and I think my participation may seem withheld a bit because I can be quiet in class even though I am participating in my head.
Finally, I believe that studying children in text will be quite beneficail to me because I want to teach children art eventually. My ability to analyze and apply themes and issues will be bettered. I will attempt at participating even though this class is redonkulously huge. I will participate in all blog assignments. I will have every reading finished by its due daate so that I will be prepared to discuss and also to take a pop quiz. I will be Lead Classroom Respondent at one point. I will do LIterary Analysis projects. And I will participate in the final exam. I will attempt to utiliwe Writing Associates and the TCU Writing Center. I will try my very best to always attend class. I will not make fun of anyone when they do have something to say. And I will be Academically Honest. I have read and agree to the Terms of the English 20503 course syllabus.

No comments:

Post a Comment